Schools / Colleges
- The DYW West Highland Mock Interview project aims to provide young people with interview experience, by tackling some of the difficulties they may encounter when transitioning from education to employment. We will arrange for an employer-led interview panel to come to your school and provide this experience for your young people. The interview panel will include a range of people from West Highland businesses, ensuring that the process is as close to a real-life interview as possible.
- We aim for this process to be as valuable as possible for all young people therefore, the interview process can be adapted to meet the specific needs of your school. We welcome any ideas or suggestions that you may have.
- Our mock interview process aims to provide young people with interview experience by tackling some of the difficulties that they may encounter, when transitioning from education to employment.
- Our aim is to have employers sit on the interview panel to make the process as realistic as possible for our young people. We have created an interview process template, including some generic interview questions, that will be sent to employers prior to the interview.
- There are benefits to employers for participating in mock interviews. It is excellent PR for your business and it shows that you are involved with supporting young people.
Young People / Parents
- We understand that going for a job interview can be a very daunting prospect, which is why DYW West Highland provide experience of real-life interviews, to ensure that you are comfortable with these situations when the time comes for you to move in to employment.
- We will provide you with some mock job descriptions and we will the ask you to submit a CV and cover letter prior to your interview taking place.
- We will have people from various industries to sit on the interview panel so that your experience is as close to a real-life interview as possible.
- We will also provide you with some written feedback in the days following your interview, which will highlight your strengths and areas for improvement.
- Large scale companies such as MOWI Scotland are always looking for the next generation of young talent and have provided an interview guidance document which can be useful for helping young people prepare for their interviews.
For your business to sign-up to future interview panels, provide advice to students prior to their interview, or if you are a student or teacher, let us know how we can help you.
Call in and see us at:
15 High Street